"This is not about a new way, it is about exploring what you already have inside... your inner beauty".
-Rachel J.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chinese Festival and a definite sale!!!!





Last Sunday was the Chinese Festival at Miami Dade College, Kendall campus. It was simply a cultural experience. The shows were very entertaining and educational. Jessica Yap, a young teenager playing the violin traveled from Jamaica for the festivities. I was also taken by the drummers of a Japanese restaurant. They performed at Disney World and made quiet an impact with their drums!!!!! I was tempted to buy their CD's because it inspired me and as an artist, you must always find new sources of inspiration. The CD's was reasonable but I simply did not have enough cash. I asked the lady to pay with my card and of course she could not help me there. I walked away and continued visiting the booths. When I got to a vendor of egg rolls, I had the experience of my life. See, I know very little about egg rolls and so I was looking to experience. I asked her how much were her egg rolls, and she said 3 for $5.00. I hesitated, well she had already packed them and was just waiting for me to purchase them. OMG!!!!! no wonder Chinese people have the key to wealth. I felt that I did not have control of the situation, it was natural for me to hand her my money. Case closed.

I moved to the next booth, $5.00 poorer, looking for something special. There were beautiful chinese arts and crafts. What really caught my attention was this lady spraying on a hat. It was simply awesome!!!!!! She looked so happy and so into her art, that I experience first hand magic. I have also met some really nice Chinese people from the Children school of Doral. They were helpful and well they were also friends of my dear Haiti. They had donation boxes all for Haiti. That was just touching and I promised the principal to send her this blog. Hopefully, she will follow it!!!!! I will expand on the amazing love for Haiti from the Chinese in my next post.
As of now, I hope you will enjoy the pictures!!!!
Gratiamo