"This is not about a new way, it is about exploring what you already have inside... your inner beauty".
-Rachel J.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Fitting for Feb. 26 event







I was invited to participate at the Black History Month celebration on Feb. 26. I decided to show case some of the pieces of the Christmas Collection and introducing the new one. The new line will be exclusively made out of tagua and hemp. Tagua is a nut that I am just fascinated with. There is so much to learn from it, the beauty is just so natural. It is taking from the inner beauty, just like the rays of the sun. It is called the ivory of the vegetable world. I am excited just by the thought of the journey I am taking with tagua and other seeds such as acai. I will share here the progress I will be making. As of now, we are just in the infancy stage.

Later, I am planning to go to Columbia and see the palm trees myself, visit the artisans and ask many questions about the tagua that I fell in love with. I am very hopeful. I sense great satisfaction from working with tagua. I will keep you posted.
Here I want to share with you the fitting we had with my new models joining Djazile.

Djazile is my dear friend who I am so grateful for. She has a great heart and soul very much connected to the earth. She taught me that. She taught me many things that helped me on my spiritual awakenings. She has modeled in Spain and her inner beauty shines right through.

They all have interesting personality and Rax enhances each one of them unique inner beauty. Gabriella, Arielle, Chris and Van Meo have all great potential to become the image of the new line. All of these young women are very young but different sizes and shapes... unique and natural.

The journey begins now...